Thursday, January 20, 2011

FARQ - Frequently Asked Random Questions (in English)

Q.- I was going to buy "Now And Then" on CD format, but why don't you low down the shipping costs a bit?
A.- This shouldn't be an issue in case you are a US resident. Since the CD is manufactured in the USA, shipping costs are applied by regular post office rates for international and national shipping. If that depended on me then there would be no shipping costs at all!

Q.- Will I have to go to the bank and buy US$ to buy in your official store (or Euros in case you are purchasing from Bandcamp)?
A.- Of course not! When buying online you can buy with any currency without having to exchange first. All you've got to keep in mind is the currency exchange conversion rate, so you can figure out what are you paying in your actual currency.

Q.- I fear buying on the internet, I don't want to be cheated or ripped off and I'm afraid to be black-mailed and extorted by wikileaks.
A.- Well, I've got no power on wikileaks, but concerning the store I can guarantee it's 100% reliable. It's managed by Audiolife, this group serves and delivers for over 100,000 artists worldwide and payments are done within Verisign secure protocols. Anyway, nobody should be afraid to buy online!

Q.- Lele? Why Lele? That's one of a weird name!
A.- Unless you are only familiar to names in your own language you shouldn't be asking this one, but I've been asked a couple of times so I will give an answer once more. Pronounced in English or also in Portuguese it sounds even weird to me, but it's a blend of African/Italian/Spanish name or a nickname if you will. Not that strange when pronounced the right way.


Q.- "Now And Then" comes to be a bit too random-styled to me, eventhough I do enjoy some of the songs, the rest of them are just a big piece of sh*t!
A.- Honesty is always welcomed. For those that don't feel like buying the whole album, you can always contribute and support by buying spare songs of your choice. This is done via digital download, both available in the official store and bandcamp. In the store you will find them on mp3 format, and at bandcamp you can buy songs at most audio formats as well as you'll be given the choice of naming the price (starting at 0.70 €, that's about 0.94$ applying the actual currency exchange rate at the time of writting this). I should also mention that in the official store prices are shown in USD, and bandcamp shows prices in Euros, but they give you the chance to review your price in your current currency before checking out.

Q.- My mom has warned me to be careful and not to accept candy from a man outdoors my school because they might be made from drugs. 
A.- Where is your school? I need to have a word with this man.

Q.- Man, I'm broke! Cannot buy your CD but I would still like to support you in some kind of way. What can I do?
A.- There's no problem at all! I might just delete you from my friend's list and I will make fun of you and of your sad situation on your back! Just kidding! It's bad times for all of us (me included, I'm an independent musician, so who can be more broke?), as well as it's bad times for selling/buying music. If you still want to contribute, here's a simple thing you can do: copy this link www.lelemelo.com and share it with your friends via facebook, twitter, e-mail and/or any other social network of your choice, and ask your friends to drop by and listen and encourage them to share the link as well. That would mean A LOT to me and would be very helpful indeed. Since I am as broke as you are I cannot afford paying ads so word of mouth will just make it.

Q.- Why would I want to buy your music when I just can listen to it for free on your website?
A.- That's a good one! Of course buying my music is optional, I've always said that I like to make music to entertain you as well as to entertain myself and that I will always try to bring you my music for free; but some answers to this question come to my mind: 1) You will be gratefully supporting and kind of rewarding an independent artist that works/earns for no company and who's left his heart, soul and his back through some years to produce his own music with the only purpose of entertaining.- 2) You'll be able to listen to the songs in the highest audio quality possible, something that cannot be achieved by any streaming service or mp3 file.- 3) You'll be having a bit of me with you as well as getting a neat CD if you go for the CD option, with a carefully designed jewel box and booklet with lyrics. (check out this post with some pics on the CD)

Q.- If you have a cured ham, what disease did it have?
A.- WTH!!!!



...to be continued.

1 comentarios:

Lele said...

Use the comment-box in case you want to come up with more questions. I'll be pleased to answer!

Post a Comment

download from itunes store download from amazon! visit the lele melo official store: cds, downloads, merchandise and more... listen to lele's music and get hq downloads at bandcamp... you name the price! come and like my facebook page. follow me on twitter!