Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Step 2: Trying to reach more people.

The machine keeps rolling! I'm checking out still your voting for the best tunes election to appear on my first LP ever, and I'm real glad to see that some of you are participating and voting for your favorites. I ought to say that so far part of the results have been kinda surprising for good. You can still vote, so go ahead!

Meanwhile, I've been contacting some agencies to study the possibility of acquiring the licences I might need in case I was including the two cover-songs I've recorded: Blue and Mucuripe as well as I've been starting to design and think about some cover-art for the album... as soon as I've got some more concrete ideas I'll share them with you so you can vote for your favorite.

The most difficult thing so far is being finding a way to get more followers for my Facebook Base so I can get my music to reach more people and viceversa.

Well, there's a very simple method for doing so, that is doing it MySpace style, that means: taking the path of least resistance by spamming everyone all over and simply dedicating a couple of hours in sending the link www.facebook.com/lelemelomusic to all kind of unknown random people previously found on Facebook Search tool... But I won't resort to that method for some very simple reasons: it's true that with a little perseverance you can find lots of "followers" in a short space of time, but you can also find lots of detractors and enemies since it's certainly a big pain in the neck receiving invitations from people that you don't even know (I guess we've all experienced that before). Appart from that, I don't want to have hundreds or thousands of useless Facebook followers who are simply there to fill some sort of gap, I rather have less but more involved followers who really dig my music or who really find necessary supporting independent artists like me, after all we don't manage to have many resources for promoting and sharing our work... to make a long story short: I rather choose quality instead of quantity.

I guess that the only valid method, appart from keeping catching listeners on my own through last.fm, ReverbNation, etc. is entrusting myself once again to all of you, who are the ones that are always faithfully supporting, and ask you to click on "Share" or "Invite your friends" through www.facebook.com/lelemelomusic and tell your friends/contacts to drop by and listen, and in case they enjoy to join in by clicking on the "I like" button... it won't take you much time and you'll be making an independent artist very happy indeed ;-)

During the last month, 100 more people have joined and I bear in mind that it has been thanks to your help, that's why I'd like to take the chance to give thanks to you all! Who knows? We might be a 100 more when the time to release the album arrives.

A million thanks, seriously, without you none of this would make much sense.
Lele

1 comentarios:

Lele said...

Forgot to mention, if any of you knows some alternative method to get to more listeners don't hesitate in dropping a line ;-)

Post a Comment

download from itunes store download from amazon! visit the lele melo official store: cds, downloads, merchandise and more... listen to lele's music and get hq downloads at bandcamp... you name the price! come and like my facebook page. follow me on twitter!