Thursday, November 3, 2011

What's your actual mood? A walk through the latest releases.

Last months have been quite prolific. In general, since my first LP saw the light earlier this year, it's been a very productive year in music to me. You might have got lost between all latest months' releases, so here I'm writting down a list organized by moods and musical styles, eventhough I'm not a big fan of classifying music by genres, it's just music, that's what I like to call it, but I guess this time it might help.

If you are in some sort of urban/city mood and you tend to enjoy R&B, with some Hip Hop taste to it, then you should give "Take The A Chance" a try. It's part of the music I recorded for this shortfilm called Breaking Point, which was completely filmed in NYC and which will be screened very soon.



Rest of the music for this shortfilm, also contains some previously unreleased tracks, and some that might sound familiar to you from my Now And Then album, such as "Breaking Point Theme", for those Hard Rock lovers, and  "Days of Lo'", which is more of a Reggae tune, with some optimistic words to it. You can listen to the complete soundtrack on my bandcamp.

Feeling more like in a romantic mood? Maybe your heart was broken lately and you feel like listening to some traditional bolero? Then you shouldn't miss my cover version for such classic as  "La Hiedra", which has also been my very first song sung in Spanish, something that some of those who've been following my music since the early days, have requested more than once.





But maybe you are just feeling like some sort of cowboy or cowgirl and you enjoy Folk based music, then you should try "The Grain And The Seed", a song with a message, that appears as a b-side for "Red Wine Blues", an root blues attempt, suitable for those missing their babe, or simply for blues lovers. You'll be able to listening to both these tunes in the following player:



Feeling like louting, a bit pimpy, or maybe sarcastic and you enjoy Garage and Alternative oriented music? Then you should definitely go for "Mary Mary (You're so Hairy)", which contains as b-side some acid folk-experimental improvisation, recorded as the title says during one Sunday morning hangover: "Sunday Morning Sick with a Headache and a Toast". Listen to both of them here below:


And last but not least, for more introspective moods, also a song with a message with some sort of mariachi and southern moments, yet I'm not naming a style for this one so far, check out "Drifting" and its b-sides, which are different mixes for the same tune. I really hope that you enjoy:


These are most of the songs released during the last 3 or 4 months, if you still haven't found the one that suites your likes and mood, you're invited to do so by checking out my facebook, bandcamp or reverbnation. I've got music for almost every taste, so hopefully you will find the one that fits your actual mood.

Thank you so much for listening, I'm hoping that you stay  nearby and tuned for the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Lele.
download from itunes store download from amazon! visit the lele melo official store: cds, downloads, merchandise and more... listen to lele's music and get hq downloads at bandcamp... you name the price! come and like my facebook page. follow me on twitter!