Monday, March 14, 2011

One Way Stand: Support Japan!

*** Update*** Wednesday 16th March 11:00 CET>> This campaign is now inactive!! Although almost a thousand people read this message, only 11 people contributed! a 18$ Donation was made to Global Giving and their Japan Aid Campaign. Please keep donating through other help programs by Red Cross, Global Giving, Save the Children or any other campaign of your trust! Your help is important!! ***

*** Update*** Tuesday 15th March 23:25 CET >> This campaign will be active until tomorrow Wednesday 16th at 11:00 CET, at that time I will donate all the money we've collected until then. The situation in Japan has just got worst in the last couple hours, number of victims just keeps growing and I'd really like to keep this campaign working for some longer, but the participation hasn't been very succesful so far, at the moment in over 30 hours this campaign has been running, only 6 people has participated and the total amount collected is just 7.70€. Keep participating those of you who can, if not here on any other campaign or donating directly to any ONG of your trust.- If by chance tomorrow my campaign is being supported by more people, then I'll gladly will extend it for a couple more days. Thanks to those who've supported, both by buying One Way Stand and spreading the word about this initiative. I insist, if not here, please support any other campaign that raises funds for helping the Japanese people! ***

***Original Message:***I think there's no need to explain what's happening right now in Japan, I try to reflect on what I've been seeing on news and TV last days and also reading from Japanese friends and followers and I'm still far to feel the desperation the Japanese people is going through right now. Worst of all is that most people think that since Japan ain't a "third-world country" (I really dislike that term) they don't need any sort of aid or support.

The Japanese people has always been very supportive when it comes to helping other countries from natural dissasters, so I thought it was about time to pay-back. I personally wanted to support in some kind of way, but being a broke independent artist made it real difficult. Well, I ain't got money to support, but I've got music, so I decided that I could support by selling one of my tunes and giving 100% of benefits during the next two days to a N.P.O. or N.G.O. that is taking actions in Japan.

To make it easier I researched for NPO's who could also accept donations via PayPal, and found out about Global Giving (www.globalgiving.org). Why Paypal? Well, to me right now is the fastest way to support, the benefits from sales on my Bandcamp page go straight to my PayPal account, unlike other stores where it takes a couple of weeks or even months for the money to appear on my PayPal account.

Helping is urgent, so I think it's important not to extend the period of purchasing for over 2 days, so please hurry up!

What I'm offering is as simple as one song, I chosed One Way Stand a special one to me, which is priced at 0.70€, but you can also name a higher price if you'd wish to support Japan with more. In case you wanted to pay in a different currency, like USD, you also can!! Just go for the purchase and before checking out you will be able to choose and see what you are paying in your actual currency.

As I said, I don't want to earn a dime from this, 100% benefits will be donated!! Some people hesitate in donating by themselves, so maybe buying a song could be the perfect excuse to support the people in Japan!

Please concern and participate, you will be making a difference and will be giving a smile to someone who needs it right now!

To purchase your song simply visit the following link or click the banner below: http://lelemelo.bandcamp.com/track/one-way-stand

Love,
Lele.


1 comentarios:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am also offering my tracks for donation to Japan.
Check it out here: http://ctplr.bandcamp.com/

Post a Comment

download from itunes store download from amazon! visit the lele melo official store: cds, downloads, merchandise and more... listen to lele's music and get hq downloads at bandcamp... you name the price! come and like my facebook page. follow me on twitter!