Friday, December 3, 2010

Coffee time headlines.







Howdy!

I'm having my cofee waiting until it's 10 am to get into the studio to keep remixing and remasterizing songs. But first of all, I'd like to give thanks to all of those who got involved in the cover-art design contest, I surely wasn't expecting that many contestants. I still haven't decided the winning design, there's lots of great stuff to choose from so it's not gonna be an easy task, and it will be tough to choose since I know they were all made with equal good wills.... I just wish I could choose them all! What I've thought of, is that everyone who has participated will get a little gift, just a way to express my gratitude... I'll get in touch with you soon to talk about that.

The remixing process is going on slowly, it's not as easy as I thought it'd be on a first sight, specially with the older tunes, but I'm getting closer. Now And Then and One Way Stand are almost done, only need to arrange a couple details, and I've been also recording a new verse for Burner, which came to be the less voted tune between the songs you chose. To be honest, the song was a bit too repetitive, that song I recorded in just one afternoon and that day I decided not working more on the lyrics and vocals, eventhough I did have some more verses written. Instead of making the song longer, I decided eliminating for a couple of bars the repetitive chorus on the first part of the song and recorded a new verse there. Anyway, it ain't my most "commercial" tune, but I personally like it quite much, specially because I had a great time recording the guitar solo.

Other tunes like Blue and Breaking Point Theme won't need much remixing since they are among the latest songs I recorded and they do sound a bit better than the rest, and I also want to let you know that I've already started working on the unreleased material, all I can say so far is that it will be more "optimistic" music, since there are many ballads and I thought some happiness was required cause I don't want anybody who's buying the album to get depressed while listening.

Well my friends, that's it for today, it's almost 10 in the morning and I must get into the studio.

Thanks so much once again to everyone!

Peace,
Lele
download from itunes store download from amazon! visit the lele melo official store: cds, downloads, merchandise and more... listen to lele's music and get hq downloads at bandcamp... you name the price! come and like my facebook page. follow me on twitter!