Monday, November 15, 2010

Here we start... with good news!

Howdy!

For the last couple of days I've been announcing good news to arrive. Well, let me tell you some more, since long long time ago I've been desiring to edit my very first album, I guess I've been desiring so since the very first day I started creating music. There's a couple of reasons for not having achieved such wish: back in the days when we didn't have the tools we have in the present time, you depended on having a contract with a company or you would have to pay a big ammount of money for doing it yourself, and later on in the internet era it has become easier but since I never focused my music on an specific genre, it has been difficult as well for me to concretize or determine an album-shaped-project.

Finally I can tell you people that I've decided editing my very first album, although I still don't know whether it'll be an LP or an EP, what the title will be, which tracks to include, or what will be the cover-art... but what I'm sure about is that I'm doing it! I've got a few ideas already in mind, it's basically gonna be a compilation of tunes I've recorded during the last 5 years or so, and might be recording some new stuff for the ocassion. It's almost sure that I'll be distributing it through ReverbNation since they offer me the chance to sell digital copies, spare tracks as well as a physical CD, which by far is the option that motivates me the most.

Eventhough I'm selling it, my music will stay as always, that means it'll still be available for free for you all, I don't want that to change... the idea here is not to become rich selling records (even if I wanted that I'm sure I couldn't), the real point about this is reaching more people with my music, as well as giving the ones who frequently listen to it an album and a new way for them to show their support (which obviously I'll be thanking indeed).

I've created this blog with the purpose of keeping you updated, but also to create an interactive way to involve you in the process of creating my first album, I will love to know what's your opinion when it comes to choose stuff like the cover art, the repertoire, and things like that... I really wish this album to be mine, but also wish that it has a bit of you all.





Peace, I'll be looking forward to read your feedback.

Lele
download from itunes store download from amazon! visit the lele melo official store: cds, downloads, merchandise and more... listen to lele's music and get hq downloads at bandcamp... you name the price! come and like my facebook page. follow me on twitter!